Green Cleaning DFW serves the Rockwall area, providing maid services , cleaning services and green cleaning options. With spring nearing, we want to provide some useful cleaning tips and ways to save some money on your home cleaning products.
Spring cleaning often involves purging items in your home that are no longer need or are no longer working. De-Clutter your wardrobe and donate the items to a local charity. Helping Hands in Rockwall is a great place to donate clothing, home decor or any other item.
Swap out your Swiffer for a regular mop. Instead of buying single-use pads, invest in a reusable mop. Many wash heads can now be washed in your washing machine, hung dry, and used repeatedly. This will help you cut down your cleaning costs for your home.
If you are environmentally focused, you can swap out your paper towels for specially made dusting and cleaning cloths. If you don’t want to pay for a dust rag, use some old clothes a towel that is being thrown out or an old sheet. Cut the item to the size desired and use it for cleaning your home.
In addition you can make some of your own green cleaning products. Read more about Why to use a Green Cleaning Service in a previous post.
The basic supplies you’ll need to make your own green cleaners include:
- Distilled white vinegar (sold in the cooking section of most supermarkets)
- Baking soda
- Olive oil
- Borax (sold in a box in the laundry aisle)
- Liquid castile soap (like Dr. Bronner’s brand, found in most natural foods stores)
- Essential oils (super concentrated natural plant oils found in natural foods stores, usually in the cosmetics section)
- Microfiber cleaning cloths
Listed below are a few green cleaning recipes for your cleaning home.
- Glass: Mix 1/4 cup vinegar with 1 quart of water in a spray bottle. To apply, spray on glass and wipe with a micro-fiber cloth or newspaper.
- Wood furniture: Mix equal parts of lemon juice and olive and oil. Use long even strokes to apply to the furniture. Apply only a small amount at a time.
- Toilet bowl cleaner: Sprinkle a toilet brush with baking soda and scrub away! Occasionally disinfect your toilet by scrubbing with borax instead. Wipe the outside of the toilet clean with straight vinegar.
- Floors: Mix 4 cups of white distilled vinegar with about a gallon of hot water. If desired, add a few drops of pure peppermint or lemon oil for a pleasant scent. After damp mopping the floors, the smell of vinegar will dissipate quickly, leaving behind only the scent of the oil.
Cleaning doesn’t always have to be a dirty job. By using some of our tips above, you can help the environment, de-clutter your home and cut down on your cleaning costs.
Green Cleaning DFW provides cleaning services in Royse City , Rockwall, Fate , Heath and Forney. Our maid services are offered at an affordable price. Contact us today for a free cleaning quote.